Julia has met Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy)

Today, Julia tells us how she met Patrick Dempsey.

" My husband and I were at a race of some kind at Laguna Seca in Monterey, CA. We were camped out in the toasty sun watching the cars go around as you do at a race. He casually mentioned that Patrick Dempsey was driving one of the Mazdas. I had no idea... 

We were not into being ga-ga star struck and stalking him, but we agreed that if we happened upon his tent and it wasn't too crazy that we'd gawk a little and MAYBE, just maybe get his autograph or something. 
Well, we happened upon his tent and there was just a teeny line. I approached the front of the line just hoping for an autograph and a photo from afar. 

BUT if I remember correctly, he beckoned me over and suggested that I get IN the photo. He then put his arm around me during the photo and even gave me a little squeeze. It was THRILLING. I think while it was all going on, my husband was chatting him up about the making of a movie based on the book, The Art of Racing in the Rain. 

He was gracious and lovely and a bit on the small side."

Thanks a lot Julia for that story.

                                 
                                                  More celebrities' encounters

No comments:

Post a Comment